- To place resident artists in all art disciplines in schools in San Luis Obispo County;
- To provide professional development instruction in the four art disciplines to teachers K-12 and;
- To educate parents to the importance of the arts in the education of their children.
- To develop an innovative interdisciplinary research program in support of the CCCAE mission
- To provide the infrastructure required to meet the CCCAE mission
- To provide opportunities for the professional development of faculty through basic and applied research and development activities
- To provide a clearing house for information of interest to practitioners and to conduct workshops, conferences and outreach programs for the continuing education of professional educators
- To foster the professional growth and development of its members
- To enhance the curriculum by supplementing academic learning for undergraduate, graduate and career professionals interested in teaching K-12
- To develop opportunities for students to practice their academic disciplines and receive supplemental training in all art forms
- To create an active learning environment for our students and faculty
- To provide supplementary educational support by acquiring gifts, general purpose grants and equipment donations that enhance the viability of the CCCAE
- To develop partnerships, relationships and opportunities with industry, government and community organizations, and other educational institutions involved with arts education.
- To communicate with the educational community and general public the importance of art education to children.